If you are looking for a wonderful way to have a pre-Christmas treat, maybe for a get together with friends and family or a reward after a busy day of Christmas shopping then Afternoon Tea is just the thing – especially a festive themed tea.
Afternoon teas are now more of a culinary masterpiece than a quick ‘cuppa and cake’. The latest trends include themed teas showcasing seasonal or local produce.
Some great examples of these themed teas include The Winter Woodland afternoon tea at New Place Hotel in Southampton which combines the delights of afternoon tea with the wonderful tastes of the forest. The woodland inspired menu includes
- Smoked mackerel and horseradish pate on rye bread
- Mushroom and chestnut frittata
- Spiced parsnip soup (served in small cups)
- Beef arancini, crispy onions
- Spiced banana Mousse
- Chestnut sponge
- Treacle and stem ginger tart
- Bitter chocolate and ale cake.
The Winter Woodland tea is served with tea or coffee for just £21.95 per person with the option to add a hot chocolate with cream and cinnamon at £2.95 per person.
More festive themes are available at both Chilworth Manor in Southampton and the Rose and Crown in Salisbury where the afternoon tea takes the tastes of Christmas to create a mouth-watering festive treat.
At Chilworth Manor guests can enjoy a festive tea which includes
- A Glass of Mulled Wine
- Finger Sandwich Selection, including Turkey and cranberry, Smoked salmon with lemon and dill crème fraiche
- Warm Mince Pie Crown
- Homemade Winter Spiced Chocolate Brownie
- Traditional Christmas Marzipan Stollen
- Warm Baked Scones with clotted cream and fig jam
- Served with your choice of Tea or Coffee
The festive tea at Chilworth Manor is just £17.50 per person.
At the Rose and Crown in Salisbury guests are treated to a
- A glass of mulled wine or Prosecco
- Festive finger sandwiches
- A warm sausage roll
- Home-made Christmas cake
- A beautiful yule log
This festive treat is just £16.95 per person.
If an afternoon tea sounds like the perfect Christmas treat visit